Saturday, August 2, 2008

Ever heard of Michael Bones?

No? Me neither. At least not until this evening. I was looking through old Montana newspaper images and discovered this article about our cousin Michael. It was published in the Anaconda Standard on April 6, 1902. You can read about his accidental death in the Washoe smelter at age 23. He resided at 804 E. 3rd St., Anaconda. Sound familiar? John Golden and Mrs. F. B. Dolan (Winnie) are listed as his cousins. He also had a sister, Mrs. J. F. O'Donnell of Helena.
Now, if you have heard of Michael Bones, I'd like to hear from you!


2 comments:

  1. Interesting! Email me a link to the source and I'll see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, too late. Here's the image anyway: http://www.paloutzian.com/rob/MichaelBonesObit1902.jpg

    ReplyDelete