Thursday, April 30, 2009

Are you done yet?

Friends and family who know that genealogy is one of my hobbies frequently ask if I am done, if I have finished my family tree. The answer is that I will never be done. The tree extends back in time as far as records can take me, and the family keeps expanding every day. I know of at least 4 people in my tree expecting babies this year. I also still have dead ends, places in the tree where I am stuck for lack of information. We also say goodbye each year to people we love. This week we lost my Aunt Ida Pedroncelli Levenberg (10 Sep 1914-27 Apr 2009). She was married to Joseph Francis Levenberg, Uncle Bud, who was the younger brother of my great-grandma, Claire Davidson Steele, known as Mammy to her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
I have wanted to post the family tree here on my blog, but haven't been able to find a format which allows it to be easily read and understood. It is too big! Also, since it is always changing, it can only be a snapshot of any point in time.
So, for anyone in my tree who would like to have it, I will e-mail you either a Simple Register Report or an Ahnentafel Report. The Simple Register Report uses a descendant-ordered format starting with an ancestor and moving forward in time to that individual's descendants. The Ahnentafel Report uses and ancestor-ordered format starting with one individual and moving backward in time to that individual's ancestors.
I can also do various chart formats; just let me know what you would like to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment